Subject: Re: How to not build all the kernels as part of "release"
To: Bryan P <u8@terran.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/2003 00:34:20
--xiprIVX1FSGBv8kC

hi,

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 02:51:03PM -0700, Bryan P wrote:
>=20
> Is there a good way to prevent building all the kernels in conf/ as
> part of building a release?  That is, if I track current and I want to
> rebuild everything into sets for an upgrade, I basically want to build
> all the sets except kernel; this seems to be the longest part of the
> build and I don't end up using any of the kernels anyway.

don't use "build.sh release" and use "build.sh distribution sets" instead.
you can then build your custom kernel with "build.sh kernel=3DYOURKERNEL".
that's basically what i do on my machines running -current.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --