Subject: Re: Running -current.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/2003 10:27:38
On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 03:59:39AM +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
  | >    I understand that the build may break---though if need be I can
  | >    roll back to 1.6[.1] or a snapshot or the like.
  |
  | Build to DESTDIR.  If the build breaks - you system is not affected in
  | any way.  If the build went ok, pax -rwpe the DESTDIR to / and run
  | etcupdate(8).

Note that build.sh now defaults to building to a DESTDIR (which is
".OBJDIR-of-top-of-src-tree"/destdir).

If a "build.sh ... distribution" succeeds, I'd use "build.sh ... installs=/"
to copy the files to /, rather than using pax, because the former is
useful if you use "-U".

"BUILDING" at the top of the source tree has an EXAMPLES section with
details on this.

Luke.