Subject: Re: 20030518 build succeeds, install=/ fails
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Arto Selonen <arto@selonen.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/2003 20:22:21
Hi!

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Mon, 19 May 2003, Arto Selonen wrote:
>
> > Copying set comp
> > pax: Unable to access <<<<<<< (No such file or directory)
> > pax: Unable to access ======= (No such file or directory)
> > pax: Unable to access >>>>>>> (No such file or directory)
>
> These lines look like a CVS conflict. Do a
>   grep -r "=======" src/distrib/sets/lists/comp

Ha! Thanks for the quick reply (also to Paul Goyette). I totally
missed those conflict/merge lines in the CVS output.
That's what I get for messing with the source files manually, instead of
waiting for the proper file to come out of anoncvs, and then forgetting
about it. It took about 10 minutes to realize *why* there were conflicts,
and after realization 1 minute to fix everything. Built & installed fine!

I now let you return to your regularly scheduled programming
(= more build failure reports concerning *code* errors)

Sorry for the noise,
		Artsi
Everstinkuja 5 B 35                               Don't mind doing it.
FIN-02600 Espoo        arto@selonen.org         Don't mind not doing it.
Finland              tel +358 50 560 4826     Don't know anything about it.