Subject: Re: lock-up during memory shortage
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: James Chacon <jmc@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/2003 11:57:35
I've generally found this to be repeatable if you run the machine completely
out of memory and swap. Something deadlocks and the machine otherwise goes
catatonic on me. This is especially true if the memory shortfall hits something
on the kernel side (I had the vnodes cache too large once and pulling enough
files into cache would lock it solid everytime kernel mem approached phys mem).

James