Subject: Re: building an embedded NetBSD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/10/2003 09:29:12
On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 01:50:21AM +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> That is with three months of logs written locally b/c I'm still too
> lazy/busy to direct syslog to another machine ;).  It's still its
> first write cycle, so I'm don't bother...

Although the data blocks are being written once, the blocks with
inodes (and maybe directories) are being rewritten.

That doesn't invalidate the approach, however: the same arguments
about CF media being very cheap apply here when it wears out, and
also some cards have internal wear-levelling to remap interface
block numbers to internal addresses dynamically.

--
Dan.