Subject: Re: Soekris
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@puuhamaa.magenta.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/2003 14:13:59
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 02:26:12PM +0300, Valtteri Vuorikoski wrote:
> David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk> writes:
>
> > > 1. The boot delay (5-sec countdown before kernel load) does not work.
> > >    Soekris proceeds to load the kernel immediately, so we can't change
> > >    the name of the kernel that is loaded.
> >
> > Clearly the bios doen't support the function used to implement that
> > timeout....
>
> Mr. Kristensen of Soekris Engineering just mentioned a few days ago that
> he's going to be overhauling the BIOS a bit in the next few weeks. This
> might be a send him a wish to implement the missing function.

The missing function is int 0x15, ah=0x86, cx=interval_high,
dx=interval_low - sleep for set number of microseconds.

The alternative is to rewrite the code in stand/lib/pcio.c to use
the biosgetsystime() function which uses int 0x1a, ah=0 to get the
time in 18.2Hz ticks since midnight.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk