Subject: Re: galeon and threads on -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/07/2003 11:24:36
In message <20030426154844.40D317B4D@berkshire.research.att.com>, Steve Bellovi
n writes:
>I've been having the usual "thread program hanging" problem on -current.
>It's my perception -- certainly not confirmed by anything analytic --
>that the problem occurs more when galeon (the program where I usually
>see this) has been idle and is paged out.  Not sure if that's a helpful
>clue or not.  (My kernel and libraries are from about a week ago.  I
>may install today's build this afternoon.)

An update -- since this posting, I've been running with a kernel from
April 28.  I haven't had any hangs in Galeon; in fact, threads have
behaved quite wll.  Just now, though, I got this:

assertion "0" failed: file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread.c", line 394, function "pthread__idle"
[5]   Abort trap (core dumped) galeon

Does anyone want a core dump?