Subject: Problems with ssh/sshd
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/2003 01:41:02
Hello, all.

I noticed, after updating to 1.6R as of 2003/04/29, that sshd started to
fail with the message "Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.".  The
client receives a similar message.  The problem happens on every SSH2
connection, even when connectiong to localhost, thus invalidating
everything I could find through Google, that mentions sporadic problems
caused by bogus non-OpenSSH clients.  SSH1 connections seem to be OK, so
I am still able to login remotely but, as I have some automated tasks
wired to SSH2, I feel a little crippled.

Has anyone seen this, too?  Was there any change to the code since
2003/03/15 that might have triggered this?  How can I fix this?

--
	Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.