Subject: Forwarding an email received by arch@freebsd.org...
To: None <stable@freebsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Lankford <arlankfo@141.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/2003 11:59:40
Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2003 12:02:34 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bodo_R=FCskamp?= <jordbaer@mac.com>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   misc patches to FreeBSD (Geode, USB, kqueue, ObjC)

Hi,

I have compiled a list of patches for FreeBSD on
 <http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/index.html>. They are the result of
using the FreeBSD kernel on our Set-Top-Box hardware, which uses the
Geode processor by National Semiconductor.

We used to patch the past FreeBSD releases since 4.3 to get our
software working, but since our product is now released, we would like

to merge the patches into the main FreeBSD repository, so that they are

included in FreeBSD 4.9.

A short overview:

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.i386.i386.identcpu.c
http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.i386.i386.vm_machdep.c
These patches are to support the NSC Geode processor.

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.net.bpf.c
http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.dev.usb.usb.c
These patches add the kqueue(2) interface to bpf(4) and usb(4).

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.dev.usb.ohci.c
This contains a fix for a serious bug in the OHCI code that was present

for a very long time in FreeBSD and NetBSD: The attach/detach routines

have a bug that makes the usbd hang in the kernel (unkillable). Also
some minor fixes are included, ported from NetBSD 1.6.1.

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.sys.netgraph.ng_ksocket.c
This patch makes the connect() function of ng_ksocket work.

http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.contrib.libobjc.objc.hash.h
http://www.clabsms.de/FreeBSD/patch.contrib.libobjc.objc.thr.h
Patches for the ObjC include headers that are required, if you use GCC
with all warnings turned on.

; Bodo R=FCskamp

--
Bodo R=FCskamp <jordbaer@mac.com>