Subject: Re: NetBSD version naming - suggestion
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/25/2003 16:32:30
>As the other other proposals which want to go to a.b.c.d or a.b.c.d.e
>version numbers; that's just getting crazy.  Ask anyone whose been
>invovled in support for products with such numbers (HP-UX, Oracle) and
>they'll most likely concur :)

>I haven't totally discounted kre's original idea, with the odd/even
>flip to make it more consistent with how many other projects do it.

FWIW and with the express statement that I've _not_ read this entire thread,
I liked kre's proposal (modulo a flip of the meaning of odd/even
to avoid pointless discrepency with prior art ;-)

I've never been a big fan of _<BLAH>, kre's a.b.c would be much more
tool friendly (at least for things like my /configs tool).

--sjg