Subject: Re: NetBSD version naming - suggestion
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2003 11:41:41
(I don't really read this thread, so perhaps this has already been rehashed)

Arto Huusko wrote:
> No, I was thinking: we're currently at 1.6R. This leads to 2.0, at
> which point current becomes 2.1A. At some point, 2.1 gets branched,
> and current becomes 2.2A. That is: N.MX -current leads to release N.M,
> and current becomes N.(M+1)X.

No, the versions will be different.

2.0 is next release.

Next minor (maintanence) releases will be 2.X.

Next major release will be 3.0.

What -current would be marked as between 2.0 and 3.0 I don't really
care. Either 2.0X or 3.0X works for me, methinks 3.0X is better
now that there won't be any doubt on what the next version would be.
Please don't employ any 'odd' and 'even' numbering scheme.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/