Subject: Re: Heads up: new ahc driver committed
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/2003 14:22:00
[ On Sunday, April 20, 2003 at 12:36:40 (+0200), Frank van der Linden wrote: ]
> Subject: Heads up: new ahc driver committed
>
> As you may have seen, I have committed a newer version of the ahc
> driver (for adaptec 77xx and 78xx SCSI chips) to the tree.
>
> It was ported from Justin Gibbs' FreeBSD version to NetBSD by
> Pascal Renauld at Network Storage Solutions, Inc, with some
> modifications by me. Pascal also ported the ahd driver, for
> Adaptec 79xx chipsets (U320), which I will be integrating
> shortly.

This is most awsome news!  Thanks VERY much to Frank, Pascal, and
Network Storage Solutions, and to Justin too!!!

Any chance they can be pulled up to the netbsd-1-6 branch soon?  :-)

I will test the next snapshot including the new AHC on the Intel STL-2
motherboard with a bunch of Cheetahs where I once had FreeBSD running.

--
								Greg A. Woods