Subject: Heads up: new ahc driver committed
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/2003 12:36:40
As you may have seen, I have committed a newer version of the ahc
driver (for adaptec 77xx and 78xx SCSI chips) to the tree.

It was ported from Justin Gibbs' FreeBSD version to NetBSD by
Pascal Renauld at Network Storage Solutions, Inc, with some
modifications by me. Pascal also ported the ahd driver, for
Adaptec 79xx chipsets (U320), which I will be integrating
shortly.

I have tested it on a 29160 with U160 disk attached to it, and
on an on-board 7899, with various devices attached to either
channel. This was on an i386 platform.

That's the PCI case. I made the other frontends (EISA, VLB, cardbus)
compile, but they are as yet untested. The changes weren't major,
I don't expect any structural problems. But, if there are people
out there who can test these, please let me know the results.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.    http://www.netbsd.org/