Subject: Re: Nightmare File Corruptions with 1.6Q - FFS?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2003 09:59:50
On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 09:46:05AM +0200, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Very bad thing is that it very difficult to find out when exactly
> the problem happens. Apparently most systems aren't affected at all.
>
> Jaromir

I have updated at between 3 and 4 am CET on Saturday, April 5 2003,
brought my kernel and userland into synch (it's all from that update)
and ran fine until the power failure happened. Supposedly the very
problem I've had is fixed in the meantime, but I'm updating only on
a more or less weekly basis, so I thought, saturday you'll have time
to fix that. Well. Seems that was a bad idea.

So at least the codebase as of the 5th of april 3-4 CET is affected :)

But I have to disappoint you, I'm NOT gonna push the power button
today after I finished updating just to see if I can find amusing
ways (via fsck_ffs) to make space on my small HDD :)

-Martin