Subject: Re: Nightmare File Corruptions with 1.6Q - FFS?
To: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/2003 08:15:16
On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 09:04:19PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 07:01:32PM -0600, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> > Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>  wrote:
> >  > The files I lost were mostly e-mail and other things I never determined the
> >  > type of, because 'out of space in lost+found' (which was BS, there is plenty
> >  > of space on that filesystem, and running fsck in interactive mode for
> >
> > It probably ran out of pre-allocated directory entries.
> So? it asks if you want to increase the size when you run it in interactive
> mode, it should assume you do if running with -y.

No it doesn't. I've nuked my whole xpmicons with some other, X-related
files due to the lack of size in lost+found after a power failure (some
sucker stole my stage fuse). And some other stuff which I assumely never
know because it did not happen to be recorded by mtree :)

-Martin's first data loss w/ NetBSD :/