Subject: Re: Nightmare File Corruptions with 1.6Q - FFS?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Bernstein <rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/2003 21:25:37
On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 08:55:45PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> Out of curiousity, what day's 1.6Q?  I'm running 1.6Q from 31 March
> with no problems.

I have a build of 1.6Q (i386) from cvs source dated April 5th. It's
been running continuously since then, with a couple of reboots thrown
in just to see how they would go. (This release is available here:
http://www.ruptured-duck.com/NetBSD/i386/ if anyone thinks it might be
of use.)

Also, I must confess that I have had a hard time determining exactly
what kinds of situations people are running afoul of; can someone boil
it all down for me: what's the problemo here? Is it just with the new
fsck binaries (which I have NOT run! <g>), or is it only with mounts
of ext2 filesystems, or whut?

--
Today's lexicographical term:

"hapax legomenon"   http://www.bartleby.com/61/32/H0053200.html