Subject: Re: UFS2 problem?
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2003 16:55:03
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 12:03:34AM +0900, Takahiro Kambe wrote:
> In message <20030407001424.A10971@vaasje.org>
> 	on Mon, 7 Apr 2003 00:14:24 +0200,
> 	Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org> wrote:
> > What I'm advising everyone who ran a kernel with sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_vfsops.c
> > with rev. 1.110 (i.e. the version of the UFS2 commit), is to:
> >
> > 	* upgrade your kernel to the latest sources
> > 	* boot single user
> > 	* force an fsck on all filesystems
> > 	* reboot
> >
> > After that, things should be ok. I had the problem of a corrupted
> Still I have no luck.

I have the same problem, with kernel and fsck_ffs compiled from today's sources.

/usr/libexec/<several things> give me the bad file descriptor error.

I spent some time removing them, umounting, fsck'ing, remounting,
removing more, etc etc. Somewhere in this process, many of the
<several things> became directories, including ld.so and getty.

After cleaning all this up and getting healthy fsck results,
I then tried repopulating /usr/libexec from my $DESTDIR .. and
quickly got a panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc.

I then deleted the actual libexec directory itself, and another
rinse/repeat cycle of umount/fsck/mount, and i could repopulate
/usr/libexec and rsync the rest of /usr back into shape.

However, after rebooting, I'm back at "Bad file descriptor" for
/usr/libexec/<several things> :-/

In fact, <several things> is now <almost everything>.

--
Dan.