Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/dist/am-utils/fsinfo
To: Bob Bernstein <rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2003 17:35:14
Thus spake Bob Bernstein ("BB> ") sometime Today...

BB> That must be the new-fangled *Third* edition of Webster's Unabridged.
BB>
BB> The good old Second edition (which they will only get - Heaven
BB> forfend! - by prying it out of my cold dead hands) doesn't list
BB> 'coordinate' at all. But the OED ought to trump everything else -
BB> including Knuth and Fowler - in such matters, n'est-ce pas?

"coordinate" and "cooperate" have been in common use for as long as
I can remember, which is, regrettably, only as far back as 1969, so
that might not be saying much.

It's also no surprise that 'coop' and 'co-op' are spoken differently.

It's Yet Another Inconsistency of the English Language.

"Welcome to English, where the Exceptions are the Rules, and vice versa."

/me baits his whuk and goes ghoti-ing.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD:  For IQs higher than 120.