Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/dist/am-utils/fsinfo
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/08/2003 18:11:13
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 06:59:14PM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> The good old Second edition (which they will only get - Heaven
> forfend! - by prying it out of my cold dead hands) doesn't list
> 'coordinate' at all. But the OED ought to trump everything else -
> including Knuth and Fowler - in such matters, n'est-ce pas?

"Co-ordinate" is the British, Canadian, and American-from-n-decades-ago
spelling.  The modern American spelling is "coordinate," and it looks
like the British spelling is moving to that too.  Canadians really
like the hyphen though :).  Since it looks like NetBSD is
standardizing on the American spellings, we should go with "coordinate."

A few links I found on Google:
http://www.stcsfv.org/pdf/brown_lang_sfv_news.pdf
http://www.effective-writer.com/Writing/helpfulinformation1.htm
http://www.electriceditors.net/edline/vol6/6-49.txt
http://www.cornerstoneword.com/misc/cdneng/cdneng.htm
http://www.ntnu.no/universitetsavisa/1098/stewart.html
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 27 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++