Subject: Re: serial console
To: None <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2003 17:56:26
> > > i installed biosboot_com0_115200 bootloader and it works fine IF =
I HAVE
> > > CABLE plugged.
> > >
> > > with cable unplugged it automatically go to prompt mode.
> > >
> > > how to turn off checking that cable is connected? what Makefile o=
ption?

> > You can set ddb.fromconsole to 0 with sysctl(3). For this to be the=

> > default behaviour, rebuild your kernel with options DDB_FROMCONSOLE=
=3D0.

> i'm not using ddb at all, and i'm talking about bootloader...

On i386 (I assume that's what you're running, given the name of the
bootloader) the boot loader doesn't exist after the kernel has
started, as far as I know.  If you get a prompt which says "db> ",
you're talking to DDB.  If you're not, I'd like to know what
*exactrly* you get on the console if you replug the console cable.

Regards,

- H=E5vard