Subject: can't boot cross-compiled mac68k kernel
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2003 22:22:26
Hello,

I've built a NetBSD/mac68k release from -current, cross-compiled on a
i386 machine.

The booter complains that the kernel isn't in a format that could be
understood. The file was ftp'd in binary mode and appears to be the
right type of file...

$ file /netbsd*
/netbsd: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, Motorola 68000, version 1,
statically linked, not stripped

/netbsd-GENERIC: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, Motorola 68000, version 1,
statically linked, not stripped

/netbsd.old:     NetBSD/m68k pure executable not stripped

The existing kernel, "netbsd.old", was built from the 1.5.3 sources on
the IIci (wicked slow!). Thus the desire to cross-compile. But it works.
The others are the GENERIC kernel built from -current and one of my own
builds from -current.

What might be going wrong?

Please let me know what I can do to provide more information, or to help
out (or if I'm just missing something simple...)

Thanks,

Louis