Subject: wsmouse{,d}, X, vmware
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2003 10:41:40
Hello, folks.

I am running VMWare 3 in -current (1.6P), with X 4.3.0.

For some odd reason, whenever the guest OS switches to graphics modes,
the VMWare screen becomes pitch black.  There is something there, it
simply is shown in a black-in-black fashion.  The problem only goes
away if I do something like "xhost +localhost; setenv DISPLAY localhost:0;
vmware" or "ssh -X localhost vmware"; just disabling acceleration in
VMWare has no effect but turning things slower.

I remember a recent message about font problems with X 4.3.0.  As I also
have such font problem, I wonder if that and this problem aren't related
and, perhaps, have already been fixed.  Anyone knows?

Another doubt is how (or if) I should use wsmoused together with X.
Not just I would like to have mouse on the console, but I'd also like
to be able to run VMWare in full screen mode, which can't be acomplished
now because VMWare cannot open /dev/wsmouse together with X, that opened
it first.

Thanks in advance.
--
	Pappires

... Qui habet aurem audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.