Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/*
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/2003 09:21:02
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> >> We might as well install pkgs into /usr/bin/ and /usr/sbin/.

> root to /usr, and started a build of Mozilla.  Everything looked fine
> until it ran configure for gtk, at which point it turned out that
> buildlink2 had screwed up, creating symlinks for the X11 libraries
> that pointed to the wrong places...

The problem you are talking about has been mentioned by Greg a few years
ago.

I have been installing packages to /usr on several machines for over six
months now.

And I also have mentioned it:
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2002/11/26/0024.html
 (I forgot about it for a few months...)
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2003/04/01/0001.html s/assume/assumed/

No answers yet. (But, at least, a workaround is easy.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/