Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/*
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/2003 13:56:05
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com> writes:

>> We might as well install pkgs into /usr/bin/ and /usr/sbin/.
>
> Indeed!  (and I do on my production machines, but that's a separate
> matter)

How much did you have to change to get this to work?  I tried it now,
just as an experiment...  Cleaned out everything, changed the package
root to /usr, and started a build of Mozilla.  Everything looked fine
until it ran configure for gtk, at which point it turned out that
buildlink2 had screwed up, creating symlinks for the X11 libraries
that pointed to the wrong places...

At that point, I figured I'd probably be better off not doing it.  I
didn't want to start modifying the package tools -- and buildlink2
scares me.  :-)

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901