Subject: Re: new sendmail spooling and dns
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/2003 22:48:22
>Is it worth mentioning that mailq, the eponymous link to sendmail doesn't
>report the clientqueue and so lulls one into a false sense of security?

mailq (as with sendmail -q) defaults to the main mail queue.  to see
the contents of the client queue you must (a) be root (since regular
users can't see into that directory) and (b) pass -Ac to the mailq
command.

>(all I found in my clientqueue were the intensely annoying vi 'editor mail'
>messages. I made the virecover process think sendmail was /bin/echo and found
>life at bootime got much simpler.)

oh!  that one's easy to fix!

	# echo 'start_cmd=":"' > /etc/rc.conf.d/virecover

and presto!  no more annoying "vi lost your file" reminders.  :)

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."