Subject: Re: cardbus card not probing?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/2003 05:03:12
On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 12:37:15PM +0200, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:
> I always thought the left one is 3.3V while the right one is 5V so a 3.3V
> card will not fit into a 5V-only slot.

Whoops, you're right... that notch is the voltage key. According to
<http://www.sycard.com/pcard_qa.html>, all current Cardbus cards are
3.3V though.  The older PCMCIA-only laptops I've come across only take
5V cards, so I'd assume the majority of PCMCIA cards would be 5V.

Anyways, according to that page, the bumpy grounding strip at the top is
the way to tell the difference between PCMCIA and Cardbus cards.