Subject: Re: cardbus card not probing?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/2003 22:42:53
In message <200303290442.h2T4gjr18063@fearless-vampire-killer.waterside.net>, R
afal Boni writes:
>Cardbus is basically PCI in a pcmcia form-factor, so real cardbus cards
>probe like PCI devices and unlike 16-bit PCMCIA cards.  It looks like you
>have some extra bits being set, so that's problem one, but the real issue
>is that there isn't a cardbus driver that matches that card (and since
>IIRC that's done via manf./product id's, both of which are 0 here, it
>is unlikely something will match that card).

Except I have code in if_wi_pcmcia that *should* match it, just as an
experiment; the problem is that even the basic pcmcia "what is this card"
thing isn't happening.  (We do use the CIS strings too, btw.)

>Finally, stepping up a level, I don't think we support (AFAICT) the TI
>802.11 chipset, and from things I've heard (second hand, so YMMV), there
>is not likely to be one due to TI's disinclination to release docs.

Ahh.  I wasn't sure whether or not this would work, but I figured I could
at least check to see whether or not it would; it was a really cheap 802.11b
card.  If anyone is interested in trying to do the driver work, send me
an email with a snail mail address, and I'll ship it out.

-s