Subject: Re: Tigon 3 gbit ether
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/2003 13:49:41
On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 01:48:27PM +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
> We got ourselves some motherboards with a Tigon 3 Gb ether on boadr.
> Searching mailinglists indicates driver is lacking due to NDA requirements
> and overall lack of cooperation from manufacturer. Is that still the case,
> or can we expect a driver for it in the near future?

Tigon 3 is a different name for the Broadcom 570x chips, and they are
supported by the bge driver (in -current and the head of the 1.6 branch).

The problem with the chips is that there seems to be a hardware bug for
each new revision. The driver attempts to work around those, and mostly
things should be ok.

I generally like the Intel cards better.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.    http://www.netbsd.org/