Subject: Re: 20030323 releng snapshot
To: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@mac.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/2003 16:47:36
At 7:32 PM -0500 12/31/69, Joseph Sarkes wrote:
>Well... finally I have a sort of useable -current that is up to date.

Good.  I've been looking for one.

>The supplied ofwboot.xcf is dead when trying to use it on a dual 1GHz
>G4 system and a 500MHz powerbook

I think this problem is sort-of known.  Interesting that an *older*
ofwboot works though.

>my root partition ends up as /dev/wd0e vice wd0a, and
>the kernel is finding some osx boot partitions and putting
>them up as wd0a and wd0b.  Some more smarts in decoding
>the apple partition stuff might help.
>
>I have a yellowdog linux install ext2fs and swap partition on the
>drive, but neither of these ended up in the lineup at all on my
>magic disklabel.

This is an issue with what the Apple partition map says.  I
partitioned my TiBook drive more than a year ago with Drive Setup the
way I always did it for mac68k and have had no problems.  (Well OSX
won't repair the netbsd partition after a crash, except manually.
Different set of issues though.)

Seems like we ought to recognize Linux partitions, but I hope whoever
tries that is very careful to preserve the existing Apple and
port-mac68k compatibility.