Subject: Re: What is changing the owner of /var/spool/mqueue?
To: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2003 22:39:26
>There are things you can do on a machine that will NEVER perform
>local delivery to let it run as a "null user".  It needs to bind
>to port 25 and deliver to mqueue.  I've used sendmail -bs in
>inetd on machines with fairly light usage and done this (inetd
>does the port 25 handling).
>
>See also RunAs user and other options.
>
>Again, local delivery, .forward files, etc cannot be used.

an entry like this:

	smtp stream tcp nowait smmsp /usr/sbin/sendmail sendmail -Ac -bs

with a rootly sendmail listening on [127.0.0.1]:25 (for it to relay
through) will get the job done.  you need a file called
/etc/mail/submit.cf, though.  hmm...i guess you also need 8.12.x for
that.

sigh.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|