Subject: Re: Problems with SoundBlaster Live!
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <toshii@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2003 01:03:51
At Tue, 18 Mar 2003 00:22:59 +0900,
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> In article <20030317123356.E7A996DF9@mail.asahi-net.or.jp>
> toshii@netbsd.org writes:
>
> > Please try emuxki.c rev. 1.24.
> > This version should fix the problem if it is caused by the memory
> > leak.
>
> It seems to work, but "else goto skip_initialize" looks a bit ugly..
> Isn't it better to call emuxki_voice_dataloc_destroy() always
> and initialize struct voice even in (voice->use == use) case?

This complexity only saves one or two free&malloc per device open,
and I wasn't sure which way is better.
This is the behavior of the old code (before I add recording
support), but I don't have particular opinion.
If you are going to do what you proposed, sc->lvoice also seems to be
reconsidered as it seems to exist for a similar purpose.

> BTW, I can't change play.gain of my SoundBlasterLive!Value:

Same here. But I'd let someone than me handle this bug.
I use emuxki for recording only. :-)

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro