Subject: Re: pckbcd: command timeout ...
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Andrew K. Adams <akadams@psc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2003 12:40:07
--On Wednesday, March 12, 2003 11:31:15 -0500 "Perry E. Metzger"
<perry@piermont.com> wrote:

> If you want to, you can just disable the acpi attachment for the
> keyboard controller and have it attach via the usual isa mechanism and
> see what happens

Cool, commenting out the pckbc* & pms* attachments to acpi* worked!  I no
longer get the "pckbcd" or "pms" messages, and I (once again) have a
functional touchpad!

pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
pckbc0: using irq 12 for aux slot

> I bet the problem doesn't change. (It would be interesting if it did.)

Uh, I guess that wasn't what you wanted to hear ... but hey, at least you
fixed *my* problem ;-)

Let me know if you want me to perform anymore tests.

-aka