Subject: Re: What happened to shutdown -p?
To: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/2003 14:01:22
On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 04:40:46PM +0100, Miguel Mendez wrote:
> After upgrading from 1.6O to 1.6P, shutdown -p now no longer powers off
> my box. Were some big/important ACPI changes committed during this time? Has
> anyone else seen this?

Yeah, same here... although I was thinking an earlier version of 1.6P did
power off my Inspiron 8000. I notice that after doing a shutdown -p now
and getting the "syncing disks..." message, it hangs there, but I can
tap the power button to turn off the computer. (Unlike when NetBSD is up
and running, where I have to hold down the power button for 5 seconds if
I really wanted to power off).
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 27 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++