Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/*
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2003 12:13:14
Since I mount /usr ro and just in general, I tend to be much more
a fan of /etc/pkgsrc/rc.d/.  It puts all the configs under /etc/
(so I don't have to hunt around the tree for configs), it makes
sure that the startup scripts are available when / is mounted, but
not /usr.  Yeah, they shouldn't RUN before /usr is mounted, but you
want to determine order early.

Quoting Peter Seebach (seebs@plethora.net):