Subject: Re: Two vga drivers
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2003 11:37:11
--yhze8HlyfmXt1APY

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 12:38:10PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> That isn't really how you want to run X on two displays. I presume
> you're trying to do a xineramaish thing. Yes, doing the config for
> that turns out to be somewhat non-obvious.

It does? It's always seemed quite simple to me...

- run xf86cfg to configure both cards and monitors separately
- add this block:
    Section "ServerFlags"
      Option "Xinerama"
    EndSection
- make sure "ServerLayout" exists and has something to the effect
  of:
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"

What's hard?

> > [I'm not sure whether we should continue this discussion in tech-x11]
> Probably the right place, yes. :)

Replies there, then. Cc me if you want me to see it.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--yhze8HlyfmXt1APY