Subject: Re: Help me defend NetBSD's honor!
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/2003 13:45:57
In message <20030309193045.GA344@che.onthejob.net>, David Young writes:
>I have a script and some patches I use to create a bootable CF card for
>the net4521 (it will also make bootable CD-ROMs for regular PeeCees). The
>script uses syspkg to pare down NetBSD to a reasonable size, it adds
>appropriate memory filesystems to the fstab, it inserts new /etc/rc.d/
>files to mount the memory filesystems at the right boot stage, and
>so on. If it is not good for anything else, it is good for getting
>some ideas.

Oh, cool!

I'm currently doing this very naively; I made a directory, unpacked base
into it, and I'm going around deleting and tweaking files.  My problem
right now is that the box occasionally crashes while booting - I *think*
this is just that I'm using crappy cheap CF cards, and they seem to become
corrupted if you don't reformat them and copy everything over fresh
occasionally.  !?@!#.  I hate cheap parts.

-s