Subject: "sh build.sh tools" fails in dependall ===> groff
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/2003 14:19:42
This is strange, using "sh build.sh tools" and
"sh build.sh -T /usr/tools tools" I get a configure error about
the system requiring a working C++ compiler.

Any ideas what is causing this?  The src treen was anoncvs'd
this morning.

-Sean

# sh build.sh tools

(lots of comple removed)

dependall ===> groff
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -O ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++ -O ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking that C++ compiler can compile simple program... yes
checking that C++ static constructors and destructors are called... no
configure: error: a working C++ compiler is required
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/groff
*** Error code 1