Subject: Re: rtk0: transmit underrun
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/2003 10:34:52
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 04:05:22PM +0000, David Laight wrote:

> > > What sort of card is this?  (ISA, PCI etc)
> > I've seen rtk(4)'s message on board PCI interface of my previous note book.
>
> Given that the 'rep outw' to a PCI card will run much faster than a
> 10M ethernet, there is very little point playing the games.

rtk(4) drives bus-mastering Cardbus/PCI NICs. I doubt that there is a
'rep outw' in the whole thing.

rtk(4) appears to be very reasonably implemented to take advantage of
some useful ethernet chipset features. I don't know where you get the
idea that it is a hack designed to benchmark well.

Dave

dyoung@ojctech.com      Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933