Subject: libstdc++ broken ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/2003 23:41:20
I spotted some troubles which seem to be related to libstdc++ in some way.

First, current gtk2-pan does not build with aspell for the reason I'll
expose later.

Then tonight while packaging gltron, I noticed the same errors with smpeg
; smpeg itself builds ok, libraries that depend on it build ok, but
programs that links against it (directly or not) will miss some symbols :

/usr/pkg/lib/libsmpeg-0.4.so.1: undefined reference to `__pure_virtual'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.4: undefined reference to `exception type_info
function'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.4: undefined reference to `__cp_push_exception'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.4: undefined reference to `__rtti_user'
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.4: undefined reference to `__rtti_si'
... and so on.

For aspell, it's just the same : gtkspell2 builds ok, it's a lib, but
gtk2-pan is not ok with that.

So, bug or update that went wrong at a time ? Google tells me that Jeremy
C. Reed reported the exact same bug almost one year ago, but got no
answer. I'll send-pr it in a few days, to let someone come with a patch
eventually.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.