Subject: pci/pcmcia bridges?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/03/2003 12:17:03
Hi, does anyone have a working one of these?

I'm retiring a noisy Sparc and replacing it with a quieter PC
(the computer lab is becoming a nursery next month :) )
and need to get my to take over wireless gateway duties.

I swapped an old ISA card for this one:

cbb0 at pci0 dev 10 function 0: vendor 0x1180 product 0x0475 (rev. 0x80)
cbb0: interrupting at irq 9
cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 0 device 0
pcmcia0 at cardslot0

Branded as a SiteCom PCMCIA bridge, but it looks like cardbus here.
Plugging in an Orinoco ( wi(4) ) locks the machine - no output it, just
locks the box when I plug it in.
(I'd quote the PR I found but the sire is unreachable this morning).

Is there anybody out there using a PCMCIA/PCI bridge successfully with
these cards? Thanks!