Subject: Re: pkgsrc/$pkg/work/.install_done considered harmful?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Mundt Due <amd@pd-house.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2003 12:15:21
On  2 Mar, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> Sometimes the build system is not the system running the install.
>
> While we're here, it would be neat if the work/ directory
> were architecture noted:  work-sparc/  !=  work-i386 and
> it'd be neat to have one tree.

Since I'm also sharing my pkgsrc between my servers that all run different
versions of current and not all on the same architecture I added this to
/etc/mk.conf

HOSTNAME!=/bin/hostname -s
WRKDIR_BASENAME=work.${HOSTNAME}-${LOWER_OPSYS}-${MACHINE_ARCH}

Which does it just fine :)

( I also do, WRKOBJDIR=/usr/tmp/pkgbuild , so it doesn't use NFS for
  the building which speeds up compiling significantly )

/Anders