Subject: Re: JVM hang-prone?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/2003 12:40:45
In article <200302210552.h1L5qDU26940@guild.plethora.net>,
Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net> wrote:
>So, I have weird and sporadic problems with the JVM apparently hanging.
>When it does this, programs hang during startup - not after they've been
>running a bit.  The same program may hang sometimes and not hang others.
>I'm using pkgsrc/lang/sun-jdk14, which seems to be using:
>
>sun-jre14-1.0.1     Sun's Java(tm) 2 Runtime Environment 1.4.1
>
>This is on x86.
>
>Any suggestions?  Anyone else seeing this?

I've seen this with 1.4 on linux [native-threads]. I think it is because
we are not queuing real time signals. Try killing your process with SIGRT0
or SIGRT1 [the numbers of the signals that the solaris emulation expects
for these] and see if you can get it going again. I believe RT0 is used
to suspend, and RT1 is used to resume, but I may have gotten them backwards.

christos