Subject: Re: Encrypted filesystem on NetBSD
To: Bryan P <u6@terran.org>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2003 15:50:36
Bryan P wrote:

>This looks perfect - thanks (for writing it!)  Is it relatively stable?

I've been running it on my laptop for everything but / for a number
of months now and haven't had any problems with it.  It doesn't
even affect my performance as much as I'd imagined that it would.

I'm planning on overhauling the structure of the parameters files
soon, but I shall be providing backwards compatibility.  I may need
to change the structure of /etc/cgd/cgd.conf[1] in a way that
doesn't provide backwards compat, but if I do that it will be a
trivial change and I'll send everyone a heads-up before I do it.

[1]	right now the file is similar to ccd.conf(4), each line
	consists of 2 or 3 tokens and I'm thinking of adding another
	token ``pass'' which will be the pass at which the device
	is configured.  This will enable me to break up the
	configuration of cgd's in /etc/rc.d into multiple stages,
	in case you are retrieving your keys from either another
	filesystem (think USB umass(4) dongle) or the network.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/