Subject: Re: HEADS-UP: Experimental SMBFS support
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2003 21:40:49
On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:43:23PM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> I can likewise provide testing accounts (including root access,
> really)

While this offers are fine, what I realy meant was: someone has to go through
the code and *read* it.

All the things I fixed so far have been very obvious. Anyone looking for
alignment/endianes bugs would spot them imeadiately. The author used (IMHO)
very bad style (the lhs-cast I quoted before was not the only one) and had
absolutely no experience on anything but i386 obviously.

After reviewing the code it makes sense to test it, and for that you need
volunteers to do that themself or test accounts on various machines. But
as a pretty unknown saying goes: get it to work on sparc64 ... and it will
work everywhere.

Anyway, I realy like to thank Jaromir for working on this. It's apreciated!

Martin