Subject: Re: Moving from pmax to another platform?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2003 14:37:29
And, with x86 (or any IDE) you have the option of buying a 120GB
disk for not much money and moving the data from festival of low
perf disks to one medium perf disk.  (low perf presumes decstation
means MIPS, not alphas with 15kRPM disks on LVD scsi).

Depending on what the machine does,
dump over a network to the new box and run it over the weekend,
then do an rsync after shutting off all decstation services
to catch diffs.

Quoting Simon Burge (simonb@wasabisystems.com):