Subject: Re: current pthread/sa buglist
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@norway.eu.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/2003 11:53:57
I wrote:

> Something interesting happened today: I upgraded my i386 system from
> running -current as of February 5th to a fresh -current, and xmms is
> suddenly practically unusable.  It will play music for anything from a
> few seconds up to a couple of minutes, and then hang.

I tried to run it under ktrace just now, and something else happened:
my whole system locked up solid, needing a hard reset, but the last
thing to appear was a failed assertion from xmms:

assertion "victim != self" failed: [...]pthread_sa.c, line 309, [...]

This is the assertion near the bottom of pthread__find_interrupted().

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901