Subject: Re: make weirdness
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2003 12:38:15
On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 12:27:53PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 12:11:13PM +0100, Miguel Mendez wrote:
>
> > ===> Cleaning for mpg123-0.59.18nb2
> > *** Error code 1
>
> That's most likely the "rm returns bogus status" bug. It has been fixed within
> the last few days.

I think Martin's right, but, to check, try

	make PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=2

which will give you screenfuls of debugging output and should help
you locate the problem.

Also, you don't have to build packages as root, and doing so can raise
the risks of being caught by one of the configure trojans (which we do
our utmost to prevent, but a little paranoia never hurt anyone).
pkgsrc will become root at the appropriate time that it needs the
extra privileges, prompting you accordingly.

Regards,
Alistair