Subject: Re: IEEE1394/Firewire(TM)(R)(C) oddity / Making iPod work
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2003 02:32:28
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Love wrote:

> +	{T_SIMPLE_DIRECT, T_FIXED,
> +	 "",         "",                 ""},
> +	{T_SIMPLE_DIRECT, T_REMOV,
> +	 "",         "",                 ""},

	I did the same thing about an hour ago :) My iPod now attaches to
sd0, and comes up with the proper geometry, but whenever I try and do
something with it, or simply having it connected hangs my machine. If it
does manage to attach and still let me work in the shell, whatever command
I issue that would interact with the device gets stuck in DL+. The
debugger hasn't turned up anything interesting yet. Most of the time the
wedges are "stopped in fwohci0 2.1 ..." and I've had a few KPF traps thus
far. Right now I'm messing with quirks in scsiconf.c So far I've tried

PQUIRK_ONLYBIG PQUIRK_NOLUNS(not needed really), PQUIRK_NOSYNCCACHE.

NOMODESENSE is my next step.