Subject: emukxi question.
To: current-users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/2003 15:15:13
Hello all,

	Not sure if this is the correct mailing list for this question,
but since I am running 1.6N, I thought I'd at least start here.

	Basically, I have a SB Live! in this machine and haven't had any
real problems since upgrading to -current (prior to this, I wasn't getting
any audio input from the line-in from my TV card).

	Just today, though, I installed xgalaga and gave it a whirl.
Unfortunately, I get no audio from it.  Instead, I get the following
error:

[ adamk@sorrow - ~ ]: xgalaga
xgal.sndsrv: Couldn't open DSP /dev/audio
xgal.sndsrv: Sound not available

	In addition, esd and esdplay both "skip"...  Actually, it's less
like skipping and more like stuttering.  The entire wav file will play
with esdplay, but every few seconds, it'll jump back and sort of echo.
mpg321, however, plays flawlessly, and I'm gonna give mplayer a shot in a
little bit.

	With an ensoniq PCI (eap driver), I get no complaints from
xgalaga, and esd doesn't stutter at all.

	Any ideas?

Adam