Subject: Re: USB devices spontaneously powering off?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/2003 16:24:43
In message <20030215163119.A9871@noc.untraceable.net>, Andrew Brown writes:
>not that my mouse has any lights on it or anything, but i have
>sometimes noticed that my usb mouse all of a sudden seems not to be
>responding.  unplugging it (which, iirc, usually generates the
>expected cascade of disconnect messages from the kernel) and
>replugging it usually "wake it up".

Curious.  The two devices I have which do this are both curiously made by the
same company - but they're very different devices.  Both used to work just
fine.

uhidev0 at uhub3 port 5 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: P.I. Engineering Xkeys Programmable Keyboard, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 3, iclass 3/1

The other is a "P.I. Engineering" USB<->PS/2 adapter with mouse and keyboard
functionality - and, strangest of all, it's the keyboard part that generally
stops working.

All in all, I have a fair variety of weird and quirky USB behavior these
days.  I am vaguely suspecting that it may involve my laptop's power
management features, although some of it happens on other devices as well.

-s